A long list of curated resources that I've sourced from my experiences and from my colleagues.
If you haven't checked out part 1 and 2 of this series I'd recommend it for some context. This article is a big brain dump of collated links by myself and colleagues.
Tutorials and Courses
Code Academy or Free Code Camp are pretty good starting points.
Python is just an example on Free Code Camp, they offer many languages but it might be a good starting point.
Some other cool things i've had recommended by colleagues.
- Fun book - Automate The Boring Stuff
- Web dev focused - https://www.theodinproject.com/
- Mimo "Duolingo for coding"
- Free - https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue
- Free - CS50: Introduction to Computer Science
- Premium - https://watchandcode.com/
- Slow burn part time learning
- Learn AWS and Cloud Computing
This site has opinionated and extensive Roadmaps for different developer roles, beware overwhelming information!
Frontend Specific resources
Being a Frontend developer I'm asked from time to time about resources for that specifically,
here is are recent article list:
- https://react.dev/learn - I'd recommend learning React if you want to get into Frontend, but not first. Get the fundamentals down first.
Here are some bootcamps my colleagues have been on.
Some high level ideas:
- Build a Command line app in Java or Python
Some of these are pretty menacing.
YouTube and Twitch have thriving tech communities.